Thursday, January 10, 2008

Home Update

Hey Everyone, it's me again. I just wanted to give everyone an update. Caleb is doing great at home. He is just sleeping and eating and doing what babies are supposed to do. I have decided to more or less follow the schedule that the hospital started with his feeds and everything. That has gone pretty well, and I think has helped to make the transition more smooth. It is nice to not have to go anywhere everyday! I must confess that Friday and Saturday I barely got out of my PJs (oh yeah, and yesterday too!!). It has been so much more relaxing.

You guys may be wondering about sleep patterns. He is a good sleeper and to be honest sometimes I have to wake him up to eat. The Dr. said for now try to get him to eat on a 3-4 hour schedule even if he doesn't wake up himself, some preemies won't wake up to hunger. That has gone really well. I am not sure how long that is supposed to last, since his is technically not a preemie anymore, but I see the Dr. again at the end of the month so I will ask him then.

That's pretty much it for now. Life has been pretty uneventful at home (which I love!!).

Adrienne

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Thanks for the update Adrienne. I have continued to check this site for any new news. I am so very thankful that everything is settling down to a "normal" routine for you. PTL! Enjoy your sweet boy, I am unbelievably excited to be able to hold him tomorrow at last! Love, Nonnie

Grandma said...

Hi Adrienne,

Just wanted you and Ryan to know how much I enjoyed holding Caleb and seeing you two last Sat. So wonderful everything is going so very well, what a terrific baby Caleb is and I know so much fun seeing him progress.
Love, Grandma Howell