Monday, February 4, 2008

Caleb Update: 2/4/08

We had his 2 month doctor's appointment last Monday and the doctor said that everything looks normal and Caleb's where he should be in terms of growth and development. He got 3 immunization shots that day, but handled them well and hardly fussed at all. He definitely takes after his mother in that area.

We were looking forward to the appointment mainly because we wanted to weigh him. We felt that he defintely has gotten heavier, and he was. He weighed 7lb 2oz, which is a gain of a pound in only 3 weeks (that's a gain of 5oz a week). If he keeps up that rate of growth he'll be a chunk in no time. Look out cousin Markus, you may have some competition on your hands. We're glad that he's doing so well, but we're also sad that he won't remain our small little guy for long; so we're trying to cherish these moments.

Alas, after 2 wonderful weeks at home with my family, I head back to work today. It was definitely hard to get up this morning and get back into my normal routine. I did get some of the house projects done that I wanted to, plus I made great progress in my CPA studies. I think I'll be ready for my test come the end of the month, but I would appreciate prayers for that.

Adrienne's time at home is quickly coming to an end as well. She is slated to go back to work Feb 18, just 2 short weeks away. She's working hard at finding a suitable daycare for Caleb, but it's been difficult to find a place who will take him because he's still so small. Thankfully, Grandma Dede has offered to watch him until we find a suitable place. Also, Adrienne is only returning to work on a part time basis (2x10's), so it will be nice to have her home for the majority of the week.

God has really looked out for us throughout this whole ordeal. If you recall, we were really worried about our finances because Adrienne left work earlier than expected, plus the medical costs. However, we haven't really felt as much of a pinch as expected. We just received a check for more than expected for Adrienne's short-term disability and, thanks to Caleb, our tax refund is much larger than expected. The only thing we had to pay for this whole thing was a $400 copay for Adrienne--that's all! And our flexible spending account from work will cover that. Plus, it turns out that if your child is in the hospital over a month then the state picks up all the expenses that your insurance doesn't cover. So we didn't have to pay a copay or anything! PTL!! We received the detail of his hospital bill this last week, and I have to say thank the Lord for insurance, because it totalled over $130,000!!! God is really looking out for us and has come through once again. I don't know why we keep doubting Him and worrying about stuff like this, I guess it's human nature.

TTFN (ta-ta for now) as Tigger would say

Ryan

P.S. How about that Superbowl game? I can't believe the Giants pulled the upset.

2 comments:

katie said...

Thanks for the update Ryanadeleb! Yeah Caleb for becoming a chunk...I'm sure Markus will appreciate in the fatty department. hehe. :) I can't wait to come & hold my sweet little nephew again. I'll be praying for your CPA exam ry. The lord does provide...doesn't he?! You are right...why do we worry?? oh well. love you bunches.

Grandma said...

Ryan, what a wonderful update! PTL is right!! Blessed we are, no doubt about that. So happy to hear Caleb is growing so much and such a good baby. I did not know about the state paying these type of bills. That is really wonderful. Prayers for your test on the 18th. Love you all, Grandma Howell