Well, I know that I haven't updated Caleb's blog since 2008 when he was a few months old. But I thought, since I still update Eli's, I should give a few updates on Caleb as well!
Well, he is a very smart and wonderful 3 in a half year old. He LOVEs reading books. He can look at books for hours, or read books for hours with us. Our favorite present for him has been his Leap Frog TAG system. It's a pen and books and the pen can read the pages of books or say random things when you touch different places on the page. If we can't read to him at any given moment he just gets that out and "reads" his own books. It's also great to take with us to appointments and stuff because he can just entertain himself. Right now Caleb is currently obsessed with all things transportation. He loves fancy cars (not just plain cars, mostly race cars), he likes planes, trains, boats, wave runners. He is biggest into air planes right now. But The boy likes vehicles. He knows most makes of cars by their symbols (like Toyota, Honda, Chevy, Ford and many many more!!) We play a game in the car while driving where he calls out the make of every car (and sometime semi truck, but mostly only Peterbilt) he sees. If he doesn't know I tell him, but he usually remembers after that.
Another big milestone for Caleb is that he just started Preschool today! I think it was harder on me than it was on him. He has been in daycare since he was a baby and has gone to the church nursery for that long as well, plus Adventure Zone at the Y, so getting dropped off someplace isn't unusual for him. He was a bit weepy this morning and was being more difficult than normal (we had a few time outs). But when he got there he just threw his bag in the basket and ran off to play, yelling over his shoulder as he went "Have fun mama!". I kind of stood there not knowing what to do with myself. Then, after calling "bye" to him, just turned around and left. A small part of me wished he was one of those other kids clinging to their mommy's and crying... but not my Caleb he is independent through and through. When I picked him up he was excited to see me but didn't really have a lot to say about it, so I am hoping that eventually he will tell me more of what goes on at Preschool!
And I will, try to update more about Caleb to keep his online baby book going as well!
Thursday, September 15, 2011
Preschool
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
yay Caleb!
You are such a joy & your cousins cannot get enough playtime with you! I love that you, Isabel & Markus are such great friends.
Auntie loves you SOOOOOOO MUCH!
xo.
Caleb,
You are growing up so very fast! You are so much like your Daddy was at your age. He loved to play basketball and cars and had an endless curiosity about everything and LOVED to "read" books. Papa said it was very fun to go with you and Daddy to the flight museum and watch you "fly" the planes. How exciting that you are going to preschool now, we can't wait to hear all about it. We love you so much and enjoy every minute we get to spend with you. Nonnie and Papa
Post a Comment