Thursday, December 20, 2007

Caleb Update: 12/20/07

I talked to Adrienne and things are looking much better for Caleb today. The doctor said that he can barely make out the pneumatosis, which is a gaseous lining of the colon caused by the infection, in the x-ray. This is a great sign that the infection is really starting to break. Praise God!

His red blood cell levels continue to remain stable thanks to the blood transfusion. They ended up taking out the transfusion IV line so that is one less thing sticking Caleb. They also moved the other IV to his foot because the vein closed up, but I think that will be more comfortable for him as he will have his hands free.

I don't know much else except that he is doing remarkably well considering the last few days. I'm heading over there after I leave work, so I may have an update later tonight.

Ryan

0 comments: