Caleb continues to do well. He has gained an ounce of weight, now up to 3lb 12oz.; it's not much, but the small victories are encouraging.
His IV was removed because he's getting enough nutrients from Adrienne's milk (plus they are fortifying the milk with the equivalent of a multivitamin). Praise God! Now he is only wired with the vital sensors (heart rate, respitory, and oxygen saturation). We can't wait for the wireless version of Caleb, hopefully due out in time for Christmas.
The UV lights were also removed because his billirubin levels have dropped to a safe level and isn't at risk for jaundice. Praise God again!
Adrienne was able to have him out of his incubator for a couple of hours today (I'm jealous) which is a good sign that he is getting stronger and able to regulate his body temperature more and more. They are also lowering his incubator temperature daily to slowly acclimate him to room temperature; at that point he will be placed in an open air crib.
I have started back to work today, which is a little depressing because I won't be able to see my boy as much. I'm going to try to stop in on my way home as much as I can. We spent most of the day with him on Sunday and I got to watch the Seahawks game with my son for the first time. It was cute because when the Hawks scored there first TD, Caleb got excited and pumped his arm in the air. Seahawks fan from day 1, how 'bout that!
No new pictures, he looks about the same as last time.
Love, Ryanadeleb
Tuesday, December 4, 2007
Caleb update 12/3/07
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comments:
Ryanadeleb,
Thanks for doing this blog. As much as we all went updates on baby caleb, we don't want to bother you. This is awesome. We are still praying for all of you! I am amazed at my little nephew, what a strong boy already!
We miss you and can't wait to see you guys soon.
Adrienne, remember call me anytime for anything!!!! I hope you are healing well too!!!!
Love you all very much.
Auntie Katie
Post a Comment