Monday, December 31, 2007

I thought I would contribute today

As you all have probably figured out, Ryan is the Caleb Blog Guru. Well, I thought I would mix things up by putting my own post on here today (if you haven't figured it out, this is Adrienne). I can't guarantee that this will be a regular thing, we will see how it goes.

Well, I have heard that many of you are "keeping Caleb's poo issues in your prayers" and to set your mind at ease he had two huge blow outs last night. yippee!! (I never thought I would be so excited about someone in my household pooing). He hasn't had any today though, and he has been grunting away since I got here.

I also talked to his nurse and she said that his "full feed" is up to 55ccs now. He was at 43ccs before he got sick. He is currently at 27ccs and they are going up 3 every other feed. When he gets up to that 55cc mark then they will be able to take the IV out. So that will take a few days yet.

I think that is all for today! Have a happy new year everyone.

Adrienne

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Atta Boy Caleb!! Yea! thanks for the update Adrienne.
Happy New Year to you too!

Nancy & Brad

Anonymous said...

You could always call him 'Pooh Bear" if you're getting tired of the other poo! As a mother of two sons, I must warn you that poo issues continue for some time...
Best to your new little family in the new year. Hope that little Caleb makes it home soon!
love,
Jean and Bill

Grandma said...

Adrienne, it is good to hear from you too, and sounds like Caleb is getting this poo situation under control. Wonderful. I could hardly believe the 12/30 picture was the same little fellow. My how he has grown, and you should be proud of that double chin. How thrilling for you two and the rest of us too. Love you all very much, Grandma Howell